Serves : 4
Prep Time : 30 minutes
Cook Time : 10 minutes
– 2 Duck Fillets « St-Auguste ® » (150g each)
– 1 «Granny Smith» Apple (or any Green Apple) and 1 «Gala» Apple cut into wedges and soaked in a bowl of water with a little Lemon Juice.
– ¼ teaspoon of Salt
– ¼ teaspoon of ground White Pepper
– 2 tablespoons of Oil
– 1 cup of finely chopped Shallots
– ½ cup of Coriander leaves
– 2 tablespoons of Mint leaves for the presentation
For the Dressing :
– 15 cloves of chopped Garlic
– 20 chopped Bird’s Eye Chili
– 6 tablespoons of Fish Sauce « Real Thai ® »
– 3 tablespoons of Lemon Juice
– 4 tablespoons of Light Brown Sugar
Instructions for the Dressing :
Mix the garlic, chili, fish sauce, lemon juice and sugar together. Stir well to dissolve.
The mixture should be a pleasant blend of sour, spicy, and salty. Put aside.
Instructions for the Duck :
Season the Duck fillets with salt and pepper and leave for 5 minutes.
Heat the oil in a pan over a medium flame.
Once the oil is hot, place the fillets in the pan with the skin facing down. Fry until the skin is crispy and golden brown.
Flip over and cook the otherside until the fillet is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Take out and drip-dry. Cut into 0.5cm wide pieces. Put aside.
In a bowl, mix together the apples, shallots and dressing. Stir to absorb entirely. Add the coriander and the mint leaves.
Place the pieces of Duck on a plate with the salad. Decorate with mint leaves.