Serves : 4
Prep Time : 40 minutes
Cook Time : Environ 10 minutes
– 1kg of Mussels in their shells
– 175g of fresh Pineapple – diced into cubes
– 2 stalks of Lemon Grass – finely chopped
– 20 Basil leaves
– 2 tablespoons of Oil
– A few Basil leaves for decoration
- Quelques feuilles de Basilic pour la décoration
For the Curry Sauce :
– 2 tablespoons of Red Curry Paste
– 1 piece of fresh and finely chopped Ginger
– 1 large and finely chopped Green Chili
– 200ml of Coconut « Real Thai ®»
– 1 tablespoon of Lime zest
– 1 tablespoon of Fish Sauce « Real Thai ®»
– 1 teaspoon of Palm Sugar
Mix together the garlic, chili, fish sauce, lime zest and sugar. Stir to dissolve. The mixture should be a nice blend of sour, spicy and salty. Put aside.
Clean the mussels and wash them in cold water. Pour 2.5cm of water into a large pot. Add the lemon grass and basil and bring to boil.
Add the mussels, cover with a lid and leave them to steam for 3 to 4 minutes until they open and are cooked. Put aside.
Instructions for the Curry Sauce :
Heat the oil in a wok or a large frying pan. Add the red curry paste, the ginger, chili and lime zest, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring continuously.
Add the coconut milk, the fish sauce and sugar, and cook for 1 minute. Put aside a few mussels for decorating.
Take the rest of the mussels out of their shells and place them in the pan with the curry sauce and pineapple. Stir gently and re-heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
Garnish with the mussels kept aside (still in shells), as well as the basil, and serve hot.
Serve with Thai Jasmine Rice « Golden Rose ® ».