Serves : 4
Prep Time : 20 minutes
Cook Time : 20 minutes
– 400g of Pork Spare Ribs
– 1 cup of Flour
– 2 cups and 1 tablespoon of Oil
– 2 cloves of Garlic chopped into large pieces
– 1 Onion cut into small pieces
– 100g of Straw Mushrooms « 3 Chef’s ® » sliced in half
– 1 Cucumber cut into slices
– 2 tablespoons of Tomato Puree
– 1 tablespoon of Chicken Stock
– 1 tablespoon of ground White Pepper
– ¼ teaspoon of Salt
– 1 tablespoon of Sugar
– 1 tablespoon of Fish Sauce « Real Thai ® »
– 1 tablespoon of Rice Vinegar
– Tapioca Flour
– 2 Green and Red Chilis finely chopped
Cut the spare ribs into pieces. Flour the meat and remove any excess flour. Place on a plate and put aside.
Heat 2 cups of oil in a pan over a medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the pork ribs.
Fry them until their sides are golden brown. Remove them and drip-dry them well. In another pan heat 2 cups of oil over a meadium heat.
When the pan is hot, add the garlic until golden brown. Then add the onion, straw mushrooms, cucumber and tomatoes, stirring well until the onions are soft.
Pour in the chicken stock and leave to simmer for a few minutes. Season with the pepper, salt, sugar, fish sauce, rice vinager, and tomato puree. Stir well. Mix the tapioca flour with a little water and pour into the pan to thicken the sauce.
Stir continuously as you add the tapioca mixture in order to avoid lumps.
Add the fried pork and mix it in well. Add the onion and chilis. Stir well. Serve hot.
For a perfect combination, enjoy this dish with Thai Jasmin Rice « Golden Rose ® » or Cantonese rice.